Day 33-41 of SilverSpoon – what I think of SilverSpoon so far
Sorry to say this again but nothing has really changed as of yet, in regards to what we do and I think it will be like this for a while. The only difference is that more “serving suggestions” and more resting.
Today, I’d just like to write about how I’ve interpreted what SilverSpoon so far and this could change in the future^^”:
The point of SilverSpoon is to “just get use to Japanese and have fun” I always thought of them as activities that must be completed! And of course have fun along the way. But Khatz has stated that we are just getting used to Japanese and it’s just “serving suggestions’ and there’s “nothing to be done” SilverSpoon is just being lazy, yes that’s right, being lazy. And it’s just about taking it easy; not stressing, no worries and just cruise along. That’s how I’ve interpreted it so far now, after one of his posts on SilverSpoon.
More than 90% of SilverSpoon is just relaxing and the other 10% and probably even less than that is “short sprints” He also encourages that the smaller we break down the tasks, the better. Which I agree, who wouldn’t want the easy way out of things?
He suggests some things to do, to get used to Japanese. You don’t have to follow it exactly, word for word
For example, Do 3 minutes of Kanji rep or less, then take a 20 minute break.
Heck you can even have a 30-50 minute break, until when you want to come back to SilverSpoon. I for one use to follow it on the dot, word for word in regards to breaks and what not. Now I take a much more carefree attitude towards it, I start when I want and what not.
He also says that “The SilverSpoon is just “serving suggestions” and “you” are the one who adjust it to fit your lifestyle” As some people may not have the 5hrs+ to be sitting on the computer. People have commitments such as a job, university, high school, etc.
I’ve always thought of SilverSpoon as activities that we must complete by the day but I guess I’ve been completely wrong? or maybe it’s just the wording of it. If so, then what I’ve written so far on SilverSpoon is a contradiction to what I’m saying now. I’ll just refer to what we’ve been doing as activities in regards to my posts about what’s happening with SilverSpoon, as it’s probably easier for people to understand what we are doing and what not.
During the whole SilverSpoon, Khatz really encourages us to immerse in Japanese by having some form of Japanese playing in the background, anything you like, anything interesting and nothing boring. I think the important thing of the whole SilverSpoon is just immersion of Japanese everyday and just slight tasks.
Overall, I really feel that SilverSpoon is really suited for people who are busy with daily commitments, lazy, have had several attempts at Japanese but to no avail. It’s already stated on the SilverSpoon page who it’s suited for and I think it’s right in most aspects.
P.S This is just my thoughts and opinions, other SilverSpooners may think otherwise but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So please don’t take what I say as a generalisation.
If there are any questions you would like to ask, please feel free to comment!